Garden tips for this week | Home & Garden
- Enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables from your garden and local farm markets.
- Apply supplemental water to the garden if there has not been an inch of rain in the previous week.
- Plants in hanging baskets dry out faster than plants in the ground.
- Fertilize roses for the last time this year.
- Sow seeds of biennials, such as Canterbury bells and foxglove.
- Cut down raspberry canes that produced fruit earlier this summer.
- Allow a few green peppers to turn red before harvesting.
- Ripen tomatoes on the vine, not the windowsill.
- Share the bounty of your garden with those in need of food.