Garden tips for this week | Home & Garden
- Keep annuals blooming by removing spent blossoms.
- Prune suckers and water sprouts from apple trees.
- Enjoy local peaches.
- Plant Chinese cabbage, endive, snap beans, kohlrabi, lettuce and radish for fall harvest.
- Cut back mints, oregano, and savory to promote bushy growth.
- Harvest summer squash when they are young and tender.
- Blanch celery a week before harvesting by wrapping stalks with paper.
- Change your mowing pattern weekly.
- Inspect your garden daily.