Garden tips for this week | Home & Garden
- Plant seeds of bush and pole lima beans, corn, pumpkin, and watermelon.
- Plant sweet potato slips.
- Plant annuals.
- Inspect the garden and landscape regularly for developing problems.
- Remove flowers from newly established strawberry plants.
- Apply a “starter” fertilizer to help vegetable transplants get off to a good start.
- Cover tender plants if late frost is in the forecast.
- Prune spring-flowering shrubs after flowers fade.
- Plant a row for the hungry this year.