World Autism Awareness Day | Events
April is Autism Awareness Month and April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day. Buildings and landmarks will be lit up in blue as part of a global initiative to help raise awareness and shine a bright light on a growing public health crisis.
Cleveland's Case Western Reserve University will illuminate with special blue lights on the evening of Monday, April 2 in support of Autism Speaks global 3rd Annual Light It Up Blue campaign to celebrate World Autism Awareness Day and Autism Awareness Month.
Noted site will join a list of nearly 2,000 iconic structures, buildings and landmarks in over 220 U.S. cities and 28 countries around the world that will shine a bright light on autism as a growing public health crisis. The Empire State Building in NYC, the Aspen Ski Mountain in Colorado, Niagara Falls in Canada, Christ the Redeemer Statue in Brazil, the Sydney Opera House in Australia, and even the International Space Station will all join Autism Speaks in support of the millions of families affected by autism.
Ways members of the community can support Autism Speaks Light It Up Blue campaign:
· Light windows or homes with specially marked blue light bulbs and LED lanterns sold exclusively at Home Depot stores nationwide
· Download the FREE LIUB iPhone App at the iTunes Store and turn your own pictures blue with different style frames
· Bake puzzle piece-shaped cookies and frost them with blue icing, then bring them to your school, work or place of worship to raise autism awareness
· Wear blue clothing and the Autism Speaks puzzle piece pin on April 2 and ask your co-workers, schools and friends to wear blue too. Take pictures and add them to our photo gallery at www.lightitupblue.org <http://www.lightitupblue.org>
· Social Media: Change your Facebook profile picture to the Light It Up Blue logo or update your Facebook/Twitter status to read "Light it up blue to shine a light on autism."
For other unique and fun ideas visit Light It Up Blue website at www.lightitupblue.org <http://www.lightitupblue.org>